Cooking, Kitchen Flooring
No votes left
A new room type, Kitchen, and associated workstations for it such as stove, oven, cauldron. Additionally new plants like potatoes and carrots. New animal drops like differing quality meats.
Cooked food could offer bonuses to thralls, mounts, and most importantly controlling health and misery for prisoners.
Feature Request Suggested by: Jake W. • Upvoted: today • Comments: 12
let our "farmer" thralls tend to them and auto harvest/seed the plots. Let us cook meals that increase the life and decrease the misery of our bloodbags.
More gardening variety overall would be an awesome addition and this would be the perfect way to introduce it. Love the idea!
I think having a kitchen station for non-vampire-related activities could be great. Items made here should strictly help NPC servants, prisoners, and horses - not players - but it would add an interesting and lifelike management component to staffing a castle with 9 heavilly armed human guards at all times.
Colin Volrath Merged
Currently only fishing is the means to feed prisoners.
- Cooking station to create better food from cows, pigs, wolves
- Baking to create other sustainable foods (bread, barley, corn, etc etc)
- The game is centered around crafting from workstations and not having a means to craft food to feed prisoners feels strange
Do vampires need food? Servants are vampires and the prisoners eat fish.
Rooibos / C.M. Admin
"Cooking / Alternatives To Feed Prisoners" (suggested by Colin Volrath on 2022-06-14), including upvotes (1) and comments (0), was merged into this suggestion.
Personally I think cooking should only be to serve the prisoners, it adds the eventual upgrade from fishing; easier to satisfy the prisoners.
I would like to add a few things to this suggestion.
-Kitchen as a handy filler "block" in the game of "castle room tetris," being able to comfortably fit in a footprint of 2x2 or slightly less comfortably even in 1x2 spaces.
-Introduce "meat" items from animals, with the most desirable meat coming from skittish/evasive animals such as deer, moose, cows, and sheep. Raw meat raises misery in prisoners while cooked meals (in the kitchen room) can reduce misery. A rat dish as a basic recipe in this scheme - "mystery stew."
-Less desirable meat could be got from more aggressive animals that are less of a chore to hunt down, such as wolves and bears.
-With the increased item variety, I submit that the player inventory would benefit from being expanded by an additional row down. It's often the failing of tile inventory systems of games in development, that the effective inv space tends to shrink more and more as additional types of items are introduced during the game's life.
Yes please and with anims.
Agree, every castle in medieval times has a kitchen (where's the wink button). This makes sense though, kitchen floors with upgrades to cooking. This should be introduced right after the ability to make servants so that you can start with simple cooking fireplace and work your way to stove/oven.
- Like mentioned by others, meals can be used on prisoners, sold in the marked for coins (maybe limited to how much you can make?)
- Used as lure to attract high quality blood victims, animals not humans....cause that would be silly.
- Used as a safe way (no mutant) to increase blood quality of your prisoner. Again should be limited to a certain amount (ex. Goulash - increases quality 5%-10%) and be only used once on a prisoner. That way the purpose of exploring and hunting for that 100% quality is still there.
This will require more ingredients to be introduced in the game, fish will have even more value.
Sorry, 1000 char limit.
- Feeding prisoner with exquisite meals food should result in no longer a prisoner but a loyal human servant (no equipment/inventory), where the servant will give you blood willingly from time with no penalties (you can still extract more at a misery and health cost). This would lead to servant quarters. floor tiles and furniture (some can be bought at market, some made by you).
Achievement: "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". By the way, achievements would be nice addition to the game, meaningful I mean.
This could be great addition for PVE npc invasion. Create and feed your human thrall army.
Farm animals, kitchen *-*